Korshunova Polina Vladislavovna, Lecturer, sub-department of justice, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. In recent years, there has been a tendency in law science and practice to increase and strengthen the role of the judiciary. The activity of the judiciary is provided by certain legal means and is associated with the formation of the unity of judicial practice in the legal system. The search for new ways to improve the legal means of ensuring the unity of judicial practice becomes an important direction in the exercise of its powers by the judiciary. The absence of special studies of legal means of ensuring the unity of judicial practice in modern legal systems, including in Russia, determines the value and necessity of studying this topic. The purpose of the article is a theoretical and legal analysis of the unity of judicial practice and its provision with legal means in Russia.
Materials and methods. The implementation of this goal was achieved by analyzing the norms of current federal legislation, materials of judicial practice and the provisions of legal doctrine. The methodological basis is represented by such methods as comparative legal formal legal and systemic structural methods.
Results. The theoretical issues of unity and uniformity of judicial practice are explored, the main approaches to understanding legal tools in legal science are described, such means of ensuring the unity of judicial practice as normative legal acts, judicial practice of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation and the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation, provisions of legal doctrine are analyzed. The problems of understanding and determining the place of judicial practice in Russia are revealed, and ways for further improvement of legislation on the issues of ensuring the unity of judicial practice in Russia are proposed.
Conclusions. Ensuring the unity of judicial practice will allow the courts to uniformly apply the norms of substantive and procedural law in order to correctly, objectively and fairly resolve legal disputes.
unity of judicial practice, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation, the highest judicial bodies, the legal system, judicial practice, the principle of law, the principle of the unity of judicial practice, judicial proceedings, legal means, case law
1. Sudebnaya praktika v sovetskoy pravovoy sisteme [Judicial practice in the soviet legal system]. Ed. by S. N. Bratus. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1975. [In Russian]
2. Sudebnaya praktika v sovremennoy pravovoy sisteme Rossii [Judicial practice in the modern legal system of Russia]. Eds. T. Ya. Khabrieva, V. V. Lazarev. Moscow: Institut zakonodatel'stva i sravnitel'nogo pravovedeniya pri Pravitel'stve Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Norma: INFRA-M, 2017. [In Russian]
3. Vestnik Vysshey kvalifikatsionnoy kollegii sudey RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Qualification Board of Judges of the Russian Federation]. 2017, no. 1. [In Russian]
4. Prezident vystupil na torzhestvennom sobranii, posvyashchennom 95-letiyu Verkhovnogo Suda [The President held a speech on a ceremonial meeting devoted to the 95th anniversary of the Supreme Court]. Available at:
http://kremlin.ru/events/president/news/56688 (accessed Sept. 15, 2018). [In Russian]
5. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2005, no. 9. [In Russian]
6. Guk P. A., Guk E. P. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2016, no. 3 (39), pp. 83–90. [In Russian]
7. Mal'ko A. V. Stimuly i ogranicheniya v prave [Incentives and constraints in law]. Moscow: Yurist", 2003, 250 p. [In Russian]
8. Vishnevskiy G. A. Pravo. Zhurnal Vysshey shkoly ekonomiki [Law. Journal of Higher School of Economics]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 8–15. [In Russian]
9. Knyaz'kin S. I. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [Journal of the Russian Law]. 2015, no. 11 (227), pp. 160–168. [In Russian]
10. Dikarev I. S. Vlast' [Power]. 2011, no. 8, pp. 148–151. [In Russian]
11. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2017, no. 1. [In Russian]
12. Davydov V. A. Peresmotr v poryadke nadzora sudebnykh resheniy po ugolovnym delam: proizvodstvo v nadzornoy instantsii: nauch.-prakt. posobie [Review in the supervision of court decisions on criminal cases: proceedings in the reviewing authority: a scientific and practical tutorial]. Moscow: Volters Kluver, 2006, 169 p. [In Russian]
13. Ermolenko A. A. O edinstve pravoprimenitel'noy praktiki [On the unity of the lawenforcement practice]. Available at: http://igpr.ru/articles/o_edinstve_pravoprimenitelnoj_praktiki/ (accessed Sept. 15, 2018). [In Russian]
14. Ivanov N. Ugolovnoe pravo [Criminal law]. 2006, no. 2, pp. 30–32. [In Russian]
15. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2014, no. 1, art. 79. [In Russian]
16. Rossiyskaya gazeta [The Russian Newspaper]. 2017, no. 7419 (253). [In Russian]
17. Gambaryan A. S., Dallakyan L. G. Aktual'nye problemy sovershenstvovaniya zakonodatel'stva i pravoprimeneniya: materialy VI Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. (g. Ufa, 31 maya 2016 g.) [Topical issues of improvement of legislation and law-enforcement: proceedings of VI International scientific and practical conference (Ufa, May 31st, 2016)]. Ufa, 2016, pp. 25–29. [In Russian]
18. Sorokin V. V. Arbitrazhnyy i grazhdanskiy protsess [Arbitration and civil procedure]. 2002, no. 8, pp. 8–11. [In Russian]
19. David R. Osnovnye pravovye sistemy sovremennosti [Main legal systems of the contemporaneity]. Moscow: Progress, 1988, 279 p. [In Russian]
20. Galushko A. F. Vestnik Omskogo universiteta. Ser.: Pravo [Bulletin of Omsk University. Series: Law]. 2011, no. 3 (28), pp. 146–148. [In Russian]
21. Gil'mullin A. R. Proyavlenie pravovoy doktriny v mekhanizme rossiyskogo gosudarstva: dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Manifestatio of the legal doctrine in the mechanism of the Russian state: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Kazan, 2017. [In Russian]
22. Obzoram Verkhovnogo suda RF planiruetsya pridat' status novogo obstoyatel'stva – Lebedev [Reviews of the Supreme Court of Russia to obtain a status of a new circumstance – Lebedev]. Available at:
http://rapsinews.ru/judicial_news/20180925/288018954.html (accessed Sept. 15, 2018). [In Russian]
23. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2004, no. 2. [In Russian]